Beyond Buzzwords: Intersectionality: Theory, Framework, Practice
Intersectionality has become a buzzword used often and often misused. This course examines and engages with primary resources of intersectionality as a theory, framework, and practice. We will discuss how this practice and theory has expanded, critiques, and ways we have done intersectionality incorrectly along with strategies for being better about each part of this critical practice.
Participants will examine and engage with intersectionality as a theory, framework, and praxis.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss the origins of intersectionality as a critical race theory
- List the ways structural, institutional, and systemic bias and oppression impact individuals
- Create a plan of action for including an intersectional praxis / practice in work and life / community
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 4 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
AASECT Human Sexuality Core Knowledge Areas
- C: Socio-cultural factors in relation to sexual values and behaviors\
- H: Health/medical factors that may influence sexuality
- N: Learning theory and its application
- O. Professional communication and personal refection skills
Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. For further information please contact email@example.com.
Register here: SATURDAY January 23 – 30, 2021 12pm – 2pm PST / 3pm – 6pm EST
Register here: SUNDAY February 21 & 28 4pm – 6pm PST / 7pm – 9pm EST
Register here: FRIDAY April 9, 2021 12pm – 4pm PST / 3pm – 7pm EST INTENSIVE
Register here: SATURDAY July, 17 & 24, 2021 4pm – 6pm PST / 7pm – 9pm EST
Register here: SUNDAY September 12, 2021 10am – 2pm PST / 1pm – 5pm EST INTENSIVE
Register here: THURSDAY November 11, 2021 4pm – 8pm PST / 7pm – 11am EST INTENSIVE