This is part one of a two part series. Part one is two sessions and part two is two sessions. Each session is 4 CEs. This course is co-taught with either Sins Invalid or Cory Silverberg.
Disability Justice (DJ) is a phrase and framework essential for all of us! The first part of this course offers an overview of the principles and tenants that create DJ. There is an urgency to elevate the work we are doing and allow ourselves to be guided by a fuller understanding of body mind.
At the end of the course Part I, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the principles of DJ
- Apply DJ principles to current and future work
- List common terms used which uphold ableism and alternatives
- Identify how DJ is evolving
- What is Disability Justice?
How do I implement a DJ framework?
- What is ableism?
- What ways does language impact ableism?
- How is ableism rooted in white supremacy?
AASECT Core Knowledge Areas:
- C. Socio-cultural factors
- H. Health/medical factors that may influence sexuality
- N. Learning theory and its application
- Q. Principles of sexuality research and research methods
AASECT Sexuality Educator Training
- A. Theory and methods of general education (including curriculum development, delivery and evaluation).
- B. Theory and methods of sexuality education (including curriculum development, delivery and evaluation).
- C. Ethical issues in sexuality education.
- D. Theory and methods of approaches to sexuality education with specific populations (e.g., youth, older adults, couples, ethnic/ cultural/ faith-based populations, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities).
- E. Theory and methods of different approaches to sexuality education delivery (e.g., small group work, one-on-one education, large group lectures or interaction, online delivery or use of other electronic means)
AASECT Sexuality Therapist & Counselor Training
- A. Theory and methods of sex-related psychotherapy, including several different models.
- B. Techniques of sex-related assessment and diagnosis of the ‘Psychosexual Disorders’ described in the current edition of the DSM
- C. Theory and methods of approach to intervention in relationship systems experiencing sex and intimacy problems.
- D. Theory and method of approach to medical intervention in the evaluation and treatment of psychosexual disorders
- E. Principles of consultation, collaboration, and referral.
- F. Ethical decision-making and best practice.
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 4 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact Bianca at AnteUpPD@gmail.com
What’s the refund policy?
Full refund for those who paid in full upfront.
Partial refund less the deposit for all payment plans.
Only a 50% refund within 30 days of the event for all ticket types.
All videos will have English subtitles or transcripts, font size on powerpoint will be 24+, we will read aloud what is posted in the chat box on the zoom platform, and we are guided by disability justice principles. Please contact Bianca to confirm your needs are supported and honored. Image above is of ANTE UP! logo of black background and the words ANTE UP in white.