This is part two of a two part series. Part one is two sessions and part two is two sessions. Each session is 4 CEs. This course is co-taught with Sins Invalid and / or Cory Silverberg. It is advised to take part one prior to part two as part two begins where part one ends.
Disability Justice (DJ) is a phrase and framework essential for all of us! The first part of this course offered an overview of the principles and tenants that create Disability Justice. There is an urgency to elevate the work we are doing and allow ourselves to be guided by a fuller understanding of bodymind. In this second part of Disability Justice we will dive deeper into examining each of the 10 principles and discussing ways to implement them into our work and everyday lives.
Learning Outcome: By the end of this session participants will:
- List how ableism is rooted in white supremacy and Eugenics
- Examine and discuss the principles of Disability Justice
- Create a plan to implement principles of Disability Justice into work
- Implement the plan created based on Disability Justice principles into personal lives
- How is ableism rooted in white supremacy?
- What is Disability Justice?
- How do I implement principles of Disability Justice into my work?
- How do I implement principles of Disability Justice into my personal life?
AASECT Core Knowledge Areas:
- C. Socio-cultural factors
- H. Health/medical factors that may influence sexuality
- N. Learning theory and its application
- Q. Principles of sexuality research and research methods
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 4 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
Register here: Sunday October 10, 2021 INTENSIVE 10am – 2pm PST / 1pm – 5pm EST
Register here: Wednesday March 16, 2022 12pm – 4pm PT / 3pm – 7pm ET INTENSIVE
Register here: Wednesday June 22 & 29, 2022 3pm – 5pm PT / 6pm – 8pm ET
Register here: Thursday September 22 and 29, 2022 3pm – 5pm PT / 6pm – 8pm ET
Register here: Thursday December 15, 2022 1pm – 5pm PT / 4pm – 8pm ET INTENSIVE