Celebrating the 45th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade in 2018, there are still challenges for many pregnant people to find quality care to terminate a pregnancy. What we think we know about abortion is not exactly what it all is about! Examining policy, impact of the Hyde Amendment, understanding what attempts to “defund Planned Parenthood” really mean, and how communities of color have always had their own rituals and practices for pregnancy options. A discussion of pregnancy options, abortion options, policy, parental notification and consent laws, judicial bypass, and other specific experiences for people who are pregnant will be offered.
Participants will learn about all the abortion options available in the US along with state laws, health outcomes, and current events.
By the end of the webinar participants will be able to:
- Identify types of termination procedures available for each trimesters
- Explain the full services for late term procedures
- Examine state laws and requirements for accessing abortion support and care
- List three aftercare needs for people experiencing termination
- Implement gender-neutral language when discussing reproductive organs and termination
- Understand the support provided to patients via clinic defense and abortion doulas
- What are termination options at various stages of pregnancy?
- What is late term abortion and what are more appropriate terms?
- What are the state and national laws regarding abortion?
- How do we offer care to those who are experiencing an abortion?
- Where are crisis pregnancy centers and what do they do?
AASECT Human Sexuality Core Knowledge Areas
- C: Socio-cultural factors in relation to sexual values and behaviors
- D: Issues related to sexual orientation and/or gender identity
- G: Sexual and reproductive anatomy/physiology
- H: Health/medical factors that may influence sexuality
This webinar is presented from a pro-choice point of view and does not attempt to force opinions or beliefs on participants, instead it is created to educate and encourage critical thinking. There will be discussions of blood, body parts, and violence targeting abortion providers and pregnant people.
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 4 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. For further information please contact email@example.com.
Register here: SATURDAY February 20, 2021 1pm – 5pm PST / 4pm – 8pm EST INTENSIVE
Register here: WEDNESDAY March 17, 2021 3pm – 7pm PST / 6pm – 10pm EST INTENSIVE
Register here: SATURDAY April 17 & 24, 2021 3pm – 5pm PST / 6pm – 8pm
Register here: MONDAY June 21, 2021 10am – 2pm PST / 1pm – 5pm EST INTENSIVE
Register here: SUNDAY August 15 & 22, 2021 10am – 12pm PST / 1pm – 3pm EST
Register here: SUNDAY November 21, 2021 11am – 3pm PST / 2pm – 6pm EST INTENSIVE