Celebrating the 45th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade in 2018, there are still challenges for many pregnant people to find quality care to terminate a pregnancy. What we think we know about abortion is not exactly what it all is about! Examining policy, impact of the Hyde Amendment, understanding what attempts to “defund Planned Parenthood” really mean, and how communities of color have always had their own rituals and practices for pregnancy options. A discussion of pregnancy options, abortion options, policy, parental notification and consent laws, judicial bypass, and other specific experiences for people who are pregnant will be offered.
Participants will learn about all the abortion options available in the US along with state laws, health outcomes, and current events.
By the end of the webinar participants will be able to:
- Identify types of termination procedures available for each trimesters
- Explain the full services for late term procedures
- Examine state laws and requirements for accessing abortion support and care
- List three aftercare needs for people experiencing termination
- Implement gender-neutral language when discussing reproductive organs and termination
- Understand the support provided to patients via clinic defense and abortion doulas
THURSDAY August 1 & August 8, 2019 at 5pm PST – 7pm PST Register here.